Submissions Open: 1st May, 2016
Submissions Close: 1st August, 2016
The IWC Schaffhausen Filmmaker Award accepts fiction film projects in development that have not yet begun production/principal photography. If your film has already been shot and is in post-production, please refer to Enjaaz.
- All applications must have a director and a producer attached. The director and producer of the project cannot be the same person.
- Directors must be a national of a country that is a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or United Arab Emirates)
- The producer can be of any nationality.
- Directors must have previous directing experience – short films, features, TV dramas, TV commercials etc.
- Producers should have a track record in production.
The Film Project
- The film project must be a feature-length (exceeds 75 minutes) fiction film intended for theatrical distribution.
- The film project must be in an advanced stage of development.
Material to be submitted
- All submission materials must be provided in English.
- The script only can be in either Arabic or English
- A completed application form, which is available on the website
- Synopsis of 1- 2 pages
- Full treatment (8-10 pages)
- Full script
- Director’s motivation/visual concept
- Director’s biography
- Producer’s biography
- Company profile(s)
- Budget outline
- Finance plan
- Director’s previous work. Examples of the director’s previous work can be uploaded directly to the online submission form
- Scripts ONLY will be accepted in Arabic and English. All other requested written materials must be submitted in English. All filmed works must be available with English subtitles.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please read the Rules and Regulations section so that you can proceed to the submission form.
Fill out the on-line application form, attach requested documents and upload examples of the director’s previous works..