Collection and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Notice of Information Practices
We collect two types of information about our users: (1) personally-identifiable information provided by you as well as information we learn about you from your use of our services and the Site; and (2) aggregate information that cannot be used to identify a particular visitor (see “Cookies” section below).
We collect personally-identifiable information about you only when you specifically provide such information to us (for example, when you register for the Festival by completing the registration form, when you complete the film submission form and/or when you purchase a ticket through the Site). We may also securely collect information relating to the transactions you carry out, including details of debit or credit cards that you use. We will not disclose this information to third parties except as required to provide services to you, to carry out the transactions you have requested, to operate the Site, or as required by law or any court of competent jurisdiction.
We, or third parties specifically selected by us, may use your information for the following purposes:
- Ensuring that the content of the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device which you are using to access the Site.
- Providing you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Notifying you about changes to the Site or our services, where applicable
Protecting Your Personal Information
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of data is at your risk.
We recognise industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect personally identifiable information from unauthorised access and misuse. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be protected and safeguarded by encryption during data transit and storage by using secure socket layer TSL encryption and certificates (DigiCert 128bit SSL certificate). We will not disclose to third parties any personally identifiable information that you provide without your consent, except as necessary to provide services you have specifically requested. Once we have received your information, we will use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to that information.
Common Web Technologies
We employ common web technologies that help to manage the Site, among them:
- Website Usage Data – With or without cookies, the Site keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from (i.e., your IP address and domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any), and other parameters in the URL (e.g., search criteria). We may use this data to better understand website usage in the aggregate to determine which areas of the Site users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas), and we may make this aggregated information available to third parties as part of our business. This information is stored in log files and used for aggregated and statistical reporting. It is not attributed to you as an individual.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, our holding companies and their subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose any of your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email you received when you submitted your information.
Access to and correction of your information
You have the right to access and request correction of information held about you by contacting us directly using the contact details given above. You may request that we correct any erroneous personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at the above address.