The DFC accepts film projects in development that have not yet begun production/principal photography.
Please refer to Enjaaz for projects in post - production.
- All applications must have a director and a producer attached.
- Directors must be of Arab nationality or origin - Arab nationality or Origin shall mean people from one or more of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- The producer can be of any nationality.
- Directors must have previous directing experience – short films, features, tv dramas etc.
- Producers should have a track record in production. International co-production experience is an advantage but not mandatory.
The project must be either fiction or non-fiction:
- Fiction projects must be feature length films intended for theatrical distribution.
- Non-fiction projects must be feature length “creative documentaries”. Creative in this instance shall mean that the documentary expresses the personal vision of the director. For full definition see FAQs.
- A minimum of 20% of the total production budget should have been already secured.
Projects will be accepted at any stage of development but they must be ready to be presented and discussed with potential partners.
Material to be submitted
- A completed application form, which is available on the website
- Synopsis of 1- 2 pages
- Full treatment (8-10 pages) for fiction and non-fiction features
- Full script for fiction features
- Director’s motivation/visual concept
- Director’s biography
- Producer’s biography
- Company profile(s)
- Budget outline
- Finance plan
- Supporting documents to demonstrate that 20% of the budget has been secured must be provided.
- Director’s previous work. Examples of the director’s previous work can be uploaded directly to the online submission form Scripts ONLY will be accepted in Arabic, French and English. All other requested written materials must be submitted in English. All filmed works must be available with English subtitles.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please read the Rules and Regulations section so that you can proceed to the submission form.
Fill out the on-line application form, attach requested documents and upload examples of the director’s previous works..