Lead actor Branko Djuric to attend the screening for an open Q&A
• 10th edition boasts a 150% increase in the number of festival goers since 2004
• DIFF earns a 96.5% customer satisfaction rating from festival goers, with 98% planning to attend this year
• DIFF’s film line-up receives 36 Oscar nominations and wins 7 Golden Globes
• DIFF joins the ranks of qualifying festivals for the Oscar’s short film competition
• The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) honours DIFF
• The Dubai Film Market sees exponential growth across all areas with a 460% increase in worldwide exhibitors
36th year, is a vital showcase and marketplace for shorts, attracting upwards of 100,000 visitors annually for its film festival and marketplace.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), the governing body behind the annual Golden Globe Awards has presented the Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF), with a plaque from the association at this year’s landmark 10th edition which showcased 174 films from 57 countries, which included 70 World premieres, from the around the world.