RULES & REGULATIONS
Conditions of attending the DFC
The Dubai Film Connection (DFC) plays a central role in achieving this mission by providing a platform for Arab filmmakers to promote their projects to potential financial partners.
Once the committee has made its selection, the selected filmmakers are contacted to confirm their participation and asked to provide updated material for inclusion in the Dubai Film Market Projects Dossier which is circulated to industry guests before the Festival.
Participation in the event entitles the project team to the following services and facilities:
- Travel and accommodation
- Extensive networking opportunities
- Project promotion
- Eligibility to win grants
In return all the selected project teams are required to:
- Include the following line and DIFF Logo in the credit role, when their film is realized: “Presented at the Dubai Film Connection, DIFF 2014”
- Logo will be provided electronically and on CD
Terms & Conditions for Award Winners:
- Winners of the DIFF Award of $25,000 will be required to give DIFF first right of refusal to host the film’s World Premiere. In the instance this is not possible; the recipient will be obliged to offer DIFF the Arab film festival premiere – this applies to Arab film festivals both inside and outside the Arab World.
- A logo and strap line will be provided for inclusion in the credit sequence of the finished film.
- For administrative reasons the prize money is paid to the director but it should be noted that the money is intended as a contribution towards the further development of the project and not for individual use.
Submissions close 15 August 2014