Rules and Regulations
READ THE FOLLOWING RULES & REGULATIONS CAREFULLY, THEN CLICK “I AGREE- CONTINUE TO ENJAAZ ONLINE APPLICATION”
Selection of Projects
- Only completed applications online as per the instructions listed in the online application form and the required documents section will be reviewed and considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants will be informed in writing of the Enjaaz Committee’s decision, approximately eight (8) weeks after the closing date of the application.
- The Enjaaz Committee’s decision is final. Enjaaz is not obliged in any way whatsoever for providing any justification and/ or comments regarding the reasons for non-selection of a project.
- Successful projects will receive successful letters (the “Successful Letter”) from Enjaaz Project Manager detailing the amount of the fund and the way forward and requiring the authorized person to revert in writing whether by accepting or declining the fund within fifteen (15) days from the date of the successful Letter.
- Applicants of successful projects must enter into a production funding agreement (the “Enjaaz Agreement”) with DIFF within maximum of four (4) weeks following the acceptance of the fund.
- All successful films will be invited to participate at the Dubai Film Market for further year round promotion and reach.
- Enjaaz will exert best efforts to try and include as many successful films as possible in the final film programme selection of DIFF and GFF
Credits and First Right of Refusal
- The applicant must provide for Enjaaz’s approval, proof of any financing from other sources whether in cash or in kind for the project which will be credited and acknowledged.
- Enjaaz and DIFF shall be recognized as CO -PRODUCER of the film and are to be acknowledged with a prominent logo on the credits of the film as well as on publicity and all promotional materials relating to the film including but not limited to DVDs, internet, press releases and posters. More specific credit and compliance requirements will be described in Enjaaz Agreement.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) to be included as A COUNTRY OF PRODUCTION in all film materials.
- For the avoidance of doubt and unless otherwise agreed upon in writing between the applicant and Enjaaz, Enjaaz shall have the first right of refusal on the “World premiere” of the submitted film for the subsequent edition of the DIFF and/ or GFF
- In the event that the right to host the film’s World Premiere is waived by Enjaaz, the applicant warrants and undertakes that the film or any part thereof will not be commercially exhibited or released on any media platform (or window) in any country in the Arab World prior to Dubai International Film Festival hosting the MENA Premiere. For the avoidance of doubt, Arab World shall mean Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
Completion of the Film and Payment of the Fund
- The film must be completed at the latest within twelve (12) months of signing the Agreement. In the event that the film will not be completed within these twelve (12) months, the applicant must notify Enjaaz in writing of such delay providing details and demonstrating reasons for the delay and expected completion date. Enjaaz at its discretion holds the right either to grant extension to the applicant or cancel its participation in the project and request the applicant to reimburse the funding in its entirety.
- The payment schedule will be more clearly described in the Enjaaz Agreement, but following is a general description that should help successful applicants to plan their cash flow.
1) The first payment, of eighty percent (80%), will be issued ninety (90) days after the execution of the Enjaaz Agreement.
2) The second and final payment, of twenty percent (20%), will be issued upon submission and acceptance of:
- The final delivered version of the production
- Fulfillment of all contractual obligations
- A final cost report with supporting documents and bills.
Unsuccessful Projects and Re- Submission
- Projects that have been unsuccessful in their initial application to Enjaaz are eligible for re-application provided the applicant can demonstrate substantive changes since the initial application.
- Enjaaz is run separately to the Dubai Film Connection co-production initiative and a project can be submitted to Enjaaz even if its application to the Dubai Film Connection was unsuccessful at an earlier stage.
- Enjaaz Committee may invite an unsuccessful project to be resubmitted for a later deadline. This decision is made solely at the dissection of the Enjaaz Committee. The selected applicants will be notified directly.
- Dubai entertainment and Media Organisation FZ-LLC (DEMO) is the legal entity of Enjaaz and DIFF.
- During the submission, selection period and prior the execution of the Enjaaz Agreement, in the event that the applicant is found to be in violation of any condition of the Rules and Regulations or any of the Enjaaz’s conditions for eligibility, Enjaaz and DIFF at its sole discretion may chose to cancel and eliminate such project from the successful Enjaaz project list.
- Enjaaz will decide in its discretion on all issues and matters not foreseen by these Rules and Regulations and any of Enjaaz’s conditions and reserves the right to update and/or cancel any or any part of these Rules & Regulations or any of Enjaaz’s conditions with no obligation to specifically contact or notify any applicant of any variation.
- The law applicable to the Rules and Regulations and to disputes arising out of the Rules and Regulations are the federal laws of the United Arab Emirates applicable in the Emirate of Dubai and the laws of the Emirate of Dubai. Disputes arising in connection with these Rules and Regulations shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Emirate of Dubai.
- These Rules and Regulations and the Enjaaz Agreement represent the entire understanding and agreement between Enjaaz and the applicant. Any and all previous courses of dealing, written or oral communications between Enjaaz and the applicant are hereby superseded. The applicant also understands and acknowledges that the Enjaaz Online Application and the present Rules and Regulations form a consolidated and unified.
- Participation in Enjaaz and submission of the Enjaaz Online Application implies acceptance of these Rule and Regulations. It is the responsibility of the applicants or other authorized representatives submitting a project to ensure that they are lawfully entitled to enter a project in Enjaaz.
- The applicant hereby represents and warrants that he/she holds all rights in and to the project and its related materials and that he/she has the authority and capacity to submit the project and its related material for Enjaaz.
- Except as stated in the Rules and Regulations, the applicant acknowledges that Enjaaz shall not be held liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any loss or damage of whatever type or nature incurred as a result of the submission, acceptance and funding the project. Furthermore, the applicant undertakes to indemnify and keep Enjaaz and the Dubai International Film Festival indemnified against all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, costs, damages or loss arising out of the submission, acceptance and funding the project.
- Anti-Piracy Precautions: Enjaaz undertakes to take all possible anti-piracy precautions. All prints and associated copyrighted materials will be securely stored while on DIFF premises. Access is limited to Dubai International Film Festival’s nominated staff only and all movement of prints will be strictly monitored. No duplication or loaning is permitted and no prints will ever leave the custody and care of Enjaaz, DIFF.
Should you need any clarifications regarding Enjaaz, please write to: Enjaaz@filmfest.ae
To submit click here