Are You Eligible?
Projects must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for Enjaaz*:
- Feature fiction film of minimum length of sixty (60) minutes in post-production phase OR a feature documentary film of minimum length of fifty (50) minutes in post-production phase
- Directed by a film-maker of Arab nationality or origin **
- Centered on the Arab world, Arab history and/or Arab culture
- For feature fiction film, a minimum of thirty (30) minutes edited material or full film, if completed OR twenty five (25) minutes edited material or full film, if completed for feature documentary film
- Have a detailed budget and post-production schedule/timeline
- The original work of a sole author or collaboration with other authors
- Be a production company and the rights holder and/owner of the project
- Have past proven production experience
- Be registered copyright material
- If the script is based on another individual’s life the applicant must attach a statement attesting the author(s) rights to make such an adaptation
- Not have been previous selected, purchased or produced
* Unless a special waiver is granted by Enjaaz
** Arab Nationality or Origin shall mean people from one or more of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
How to apply?
- The Enjaaz application form must be completed online by the applicant.
- All required documents and materials must be submitted before the indicated deadline.
- The film title and all other required information and materials to be provided in Arabic or English.
The application must be accompanied by the following materials:
- For feature fiction film, a minimum of thirty (30) minutes of edited material or full film, if completed OR twenty five (25) minutes edited material or full film, if completed for feature documentary film to be uploaded as a private screener link in the screener section of the Enjaaz application or sent on DVD (1 DVD)
- Final script/screenplay (dated), if applicable
- Treatment of the film
- Synopsis (1 paragraph) and logline (25 words)
- Biographies and filmographies of director, producer, writer and any other major contributors to the project
- Production company profile, registration documents and passport of authorized signatory as well as an official document proving the legal authorization and capacity of the signatory to sign on behalf of the company for the purpose of entering into the Enjaaz Agreement.
- The sum of money required for project completion and amount requested from Enjaaz together with full details of any other funding applications made and/or already received
- Details of how the funding budget will be utilized, should the application be successful
- A complete project budget
- Project timeline and expected date of completion
- Any other materials that would support the application
Submission Materials Shipping: All shipping costs of any submission materials including DVD provided by the applicant to Enjaaz are borne by the applicant. For the avoidance of doubt, any submitted materials will not be returned to the applicant. All submissions should be sent directly to the hereunder address with “For cultural use only” and “Without commercial value” clearly marked on the envelope and the DVD.
Enjaaz, Dubai Film Market
Dubai Media City, CNN Building
1st floor - Management Office
P.O. Box 502600
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Attention: Aliaa Zaky – Enjaaz Project Manager
RE: [film name]
Tel: +971 4 391 4501 Fax: +971 4 367 2892