Tue Apr 08,2014
The Project Market Amman introducing the Film Prize of the Robert Bosch Stiftung for International Cooperation Germany/Arab World takes place in cooperation with the Royal Film Commission - Jordan from May 29 to June 2, 2014.
Up to ten young directors from the Middle East and the Gulf will be invited to participate in the Project Market Amman to meet with up to eight German producers. The Robert Bosch Stiftung will cover all costs for travel, accommodation and catering.
Film experts prepare the young directors in workshops on project development and pitching for the presentation of their film ideas to the German producers. An introduction to the cinema of Jordan and screenings of the directors' reference films give the German producers a first insight into the regional cinematic art. In one-to-one meetings, the directors can win the producers for their projects. Joint excursions and events help to intensify the newly acquainted contacts.
The meetings with the German producers do not necessarily result in a partnership but can help to gain experience of an international co-production market as well as extend networks. If a team is formed, then the first step towards preparing for a joint application for the Film Prize of the Robert Bosch Stiftung is created.
The deadline for submissions for the Project Market is April 15, 2014. For more information, please call the RFC at +962 6 4613835 ext. 105 or visit http://www.film.jo/node/12202.
• Applicants may apply only as Directors. They have to be at the beginning of their career, film students or graduates.
• Applicants must be Arab nationals from the Middle East or the Gulf.
• Eligible films: short narrative & short animated films (15-30 minutes long) in initial draft or final shooting draft stages; documentaries (up to 60 minutes) in pre-production.
• Project Market’s working language is English.
Please fill in the following Application Form and attach the below documents (AS ONE PDF FILE IN ENGLISH), and send by e-mail to email@example.com no later than April 15, 2014:
- A covering letter introducing the applicant, the project and the motivation for participating in the Project Market
- A screenplay. Screenplays do not have to be in the final shooting draft stage.
- One-page synopsis.
- Director’s statement: please describe your vision and creative approach to the project.
- Director’s biography.
- Any finished (produced) work samples or links to be emailed, or sent to: